Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dumb Americans in Luck

Conversation tidbits over the last few weeks...

In Milan - "No, I don't speak Italian. I took German in high school. Well... no, no. I can't really speak German. Yes. English only."

In Paris - "No. My French is really poor. I studied German in high school... but you can't really practice German in the US... so... well, yes, English is good."

In Zagreb - I'm at a conference right now. Perhaps 8% of the people are from the UK, and 1% from the US - yet, the entire conference is in English.

So all you dumb Americans (me included) you're in luck. The rest of the world is smart enough, so just relax. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 AM

    As the German exchange-student during your senior year in Highline: When did YOU take German? :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete