Saturday, November 17, 2007

Would you drink this?


tea
Originally uploaded by B-TownMom.

Western medicine is very predictable. You go to a doctor. The doctor prescribes a pill. The pill masks your symptoms. The pill company makes a lot of money. The doctor gets a golf trip. Everybody is happy.

Pills are clean. white. easy.

So, if western medicine is so great, why did jana visit a Chinese herbalist in the I.D.? She came home with a crazy mix of tree branches, mushrooms, flowers, and who-knows-what-else. She must boil the crazy mix for one hour, then choke it down. And believe me, this tea is stinky and nasty.

I have a theory here... sometimes to get well, you have to EARN it. The easy path (get rich quick, get skinny quick, or learn Java in 21 days) is littered with failure. So, I've got to give props to Jana - she's not afraid to earn her good health - one nasty chug at a time. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for supporting me in my drinking of the vile stuff. I also appreciate you being okay with me stinking up the house to do it!

    Now let's help this stuff actually works.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Your list of Western medicine is missing some pieces -

    Most drugs and pills are manufactured in China. Badly. So the little clean white pill is probably coated in lead paint or something awful.

    Jana's drinking of the cornocopia-o-compost... she's just knocking out the middle man and directly injesting the Chinese "junk".

    ReplyDelete