Friday, November 23, 2007

Free money, whales, pineapple pancakes & legos

Jana left early this morning for work... no school for the kids, so I'm on dad duty with the ultimate question - what the hell are we going to do all day? Well, It's only 1:30pm, but the day has been great so far.

10ish: Two Orca whale pods, right here at Three Tree Point! They were spewing water (is that a whale term?). Very cool. We haven't seen em for a few years.

11ish: We went to AAA Polynesian Deli in Burien - just to poke around - but the food looked great. So, we had chicken, rice, lamb and a great fish casserole. Wow! Fatty and yummy. And the people there are VERY nice. I really like this place. I hear they have great pineapple pancakes too.

While we were eating, a very jovial guy (think polynesian saint nick) came in and started talking with me and the kids. As he was leaving he handed Karsten, Britta and me a bunch of money!?!! I was shocked. He said, "I'll probably never see you again, have a good christmas!" Britta scored about $25. Karsten $35. Me $6. I paid $10 for the food and we headed to Hans' - the best German Deli in Burien.

12ish: Hans' Deli: Lye rolls, bacon, salami, cheese, candy...

12:30: Quick trip to Burien library. Scored a Harry Potter book on tape, comic book, sing-a-long CD for britta and a book about big wave surfing for dad Stealing the wave.

1pm: Time to spend the 'free' money at Lollipops toy store in Burien! I told Karsten and Britta "now kids, we can't spend all our money, we have to save some..." yeah right, that didn't work. legos. jewelry box with spinning butterfly. and the money is gone!

I just put Britta down for a nap, Karsten is assembling his new Star Wars lego toy and Harry Potter is playing on tape... fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment