Friday, November 03, 2006

Windsurfing Flip-Flopper


If I'm not in the mood for C89 dance music or KEXP (my favs), then I'll dial in NPR on my way to/from work... and of course, John Kerry's lame joke was all over the news yesterday. But what got me, was how the announcer called him a "windsurfing flip-flopper"! That's a great name for my kinda lifestyle! I love to windsurf and i love flip flops. And even better - "Congratulations! windsurfingflipflopper.com is available!"

Here's the transcript, or listen to the wav clip here: http://mediamatters.org/items/200611020008

ROBERT SIEGEL (host): Mara, it sounds like the Republicans have been in need of a good issue and they thought they found one in Senator Kerry.

LIASSON: They certainly think so. This is something they are trying to use to fire up their base. They need to in the remaining days before Election Day. Even at the expense of returning voters' focus to Iraq.

Now, this is a little bit of déjà vu all over again because that windsurfing flip-flopper has provided the Republicans with ammunition again, just like he did in the campaign of 2004. And Vice President Dick Cheney was out on the campaign trail saying John Kerry was for the joke before he was against the joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment