Friday, November 04, 2005

I almost went home…

I was at Schipol Airport waiting for my flight, when I realized I left my book on the kitchen counter. Crap… can I make it home and back to the airport in time?

Nah, not worth it for a book. Then I realized I left my iPod at home too! Ooohhh man. My book and my iPod?! That’s a little more tempting… perhaps worth a taxi ride home and back?

Nah, still not going to happen. So I headed to the airport bookstore – where I buy all my books.

Hummm… what to buy….

7 Habits of highly effective people? Uhh. No.
A book of brain exercises? That sounds painful.
How to make good decisions? Hummmm maybe… can't decide...
The 80/20 rule? I thumbed through this for 5 min… and almost bought it

But the book that beat them all… The winner is…

Diary of a Manhattan Call Girl

So far, it sucks. I actually thought it was a TRUE STORY about a NY call girl. Nope. Just a chick-novel. But really, it’s a combination of all the other books i almost bought rolled into one:

7 habits of highly effective hookers
A book of brain exercises - for hookers
and…
How to make good decisions - as a hooker

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 AM

    LOL! If you find any of those titles, you let me know. - TW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Call girls rule. I so would have bought that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:34 PM

    My high school girlfriend's dad caught a mouse that was chewing through all their kitchen appliance connectors, and when we went into the shed to get her bike for a ride, we found it....skinned! Eikes!!!

    ReplyDelete