Thursday, November 17, 2005

Eat This! Dutch Experiment #1


Dutch Herring, originally uploaded by Andy Kleitsch.

I love taco trucks. So I was immediately in love with the herring trucks in Amsterdam. Actually, I was in love with the IDEA of eating at a herring truck, but I was too chicken to try one. Last week i thought to myself "What if the herring trucks are the BEST thing ever? What if I try one on my last day here and realize that I should have been eating at the herring trucks every day?!?!" That did it. I was committed. Must have herring.

The following day I was walking through the Albert Cuyp with the family and I spotted a herring truck. Damn, the line was too long! Really! No worries, herring trucks in Amsterdam are like Starbucks in Seattle - there's one on every corner.

I finally found a stand and had the glorious herring. supple. smooth. perfect. I'm going have one every weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've just decided that I never want to eat something described as "supple."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:12 PM

    I'm with you Andy...I LOVE the herring fish For breakfast with toast, it's especially nice.

    ReplyDelete