Friday, February 29, 2008

Cooking age: 21

While cooking dinner last night i realized i have the cooking skillz of a 21 year old. Remember the culinary gut-bombs you made back then? That's my level. My standard meal when i was 21 was a package of instant Lipton noodles (4 great flavors) and a fried plain white chicken breast. BAM! that's dinner. If i felt fancy, i'd toast a slice of white bread and add a dash of garlic salt. gourmet.

Fast forward 15 years... Jana's been cooking the entire time... but my cooking ability has stayed the same age...

1 comment:

  1. me too. sometimes i think i am ok at cooking. then today, i burnt an egg, and realized that i really really suck at cooking and if it wasn't for my wonderful wife, i would still be eating zatarains with cut up summer sausage. my college roommates thought i was a gourmet...

    ReplyDelete