Saturday, February 09, 2008

34th Precinct Caucus Results

34th Precinct - unofficial results:
Obama: 21 delegates (53.8%)
Clinton: 15 delegates (38.5%)
Uncommitted: 3 delegates (7.7%)

Today I helped my buddy Jeff Upthegrove with the 34th Precinct Democratic Caucus. It was great fun. There must have been 400 people.

My job involved running from group to group to calculate their delegate count. It was interesting to see the passion, the arguments, the negotiations and final results.

During the event a woman asked me...

Woman: What's your title?
Me: Uhhh. I'm just a helper-guy.
Woman: That's not impressive enough.
Me: Yes, you do have a point. (then i realized she was the secretary who was taking minutes for the meeting)
Woman: Can you come up with a better title?
Me: Ok, I'm the Precinct Caucus Calculator Administrator.

And yes, that's going on my resume. cause it's official. and impressive. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment