Thursday, May 25, 2006

Windsurfing Odyssey


Jon bought a house on the sound last year and I’ve always wanted to windsurf from my place to his place… Sunday was the day – I had a few hours before a group of preschool kids stormed our place and I convinced myself that I could windsurf to Jon’s a back before all the kids arrived (wrong). As I set out on the trek the wind was blowing nicely, and I thought I’d be there in no time, but then the wind DIED COMPLETELY. There I was, in the middle of the Sound thinking “ok, I’m going 2 miles per hour, and Jon’s house is WAY over there (3 miles at least)…. humm…” I couldn’t turn around, there was no way to make it back home. I was on a giant down-winder to Jons…

In the end, I finally made it to jon’s house. he gave me a ride home. mission accomplished. The image shows my route.

No comments:

Post a Comment