Thursday, May 04, 2006

Had a great b-day

David Uppy and I have the same birthday... every year we try to get together on our birthday - it's a fun, unwritten tradition.

I called david around 11pm (birthday 'officially' in one hour), and said "meet me at the boathouse for birthday beers" - and to my surprise he said OK! We were out there for hours...

The kids woke up early, 6:30ish... "honey, it's my birthday, you take the kids... please!" she did. i was asleep in seconds...

i was finally stirred from my rest by the... WIND!! Oh shit, it's cranking! Oh hell yeah, it's by birthday!

blue sky. sunny. blowing about 23mph. on my 7.3, and actually catching some airs on that big gear. The windsurfing session was a HUGE birthday present. Thank you wind gods!!!! :-)

So... it was looking like the best birthday ever and then - crash! I fell down/off the ladder down to the beach! What the hell was i doing?! i Fell about 7 feet, scraped up my leg pretty good. ouch!

But, the day got better again. I hit the taco stand for a spicy pork burrito w/ avacato.

Oh yeah, things were looking good then.

Off to work. (which is very fun by the way)

Back home for a picnic with the inlaws and kids.

Overall, it felt like a great summer day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, buddy! Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete