Monday, September 17, 2007

tooth fairy in business

After dinner tonight I took the kids to the local tennis court. While hitting a few balls with Karsten (and Britta chasing them as the ball-girl), I could see Karsten pushing his bottom tooth in and out... for days we've been anxiously waiting for his first baby tooth to fall out. With the tennis court as my operating room, dad-the-dentist went to work... one swift pull - and pow! - Karsten lost his first baby tooth. He was extremely happy, and proud.

"Dad, look! Blood!!!"
"yeah, baby teeth bleed sometimes. it's no big deal."
Then, feeling very inspired, Karsten grabbed the tennis net, clenched his tooth in his fist, lowered his head and launched into a center-court prayer...
"God... I don't care if the tooth fairy is real or not, I just want a lot of money under my pillow. amen."
"amen to that."

The rest of the night all we heard about was the tooth fairy. On the way home I asked Karsten to sing a tooth fairy song... I only remember bits...
"late at night... the tooth fairy wants to steal my tooth... tooth fairy, bring back my - tooth fairy, bring back my - tooth fairy bring back my TOOTH!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious: what is the going rate for teeth these days? I can't recall what I got, though I think our Toothfairy was on the, um...conservative side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tooth fairy delivered ONE dollar bill. Maybe the tooth fairy was a little cheap? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spencer just told Karsten he got $5 for his tooth that fell out. Poor Karsten a cheapskate tooth fairy.

    ReplyDelete