Sunday, February 11, 2007

blown ear tube

I've been traveling for several days, currently in Barcelona having dinner at 10pm, just like the locals. I'm blogging from the crackberry...but the entire trip may not have happened had it not been for a few last-minute trips to the ear doctor...

Rewind to Thursday. 11:30am. Ear doctor waiting room. My flight leaves in one hour and 25 minutes, but Wes and I are reading travel magazines. At this moment I didn't want to miss my flight, but there was something definitely f'ed up with my ear.

The previous day I had two ear tubes inserted (rather forcefully, with a good dose of PAIN). I was fighting off two ear infections and my hearing was screwed. Totally plugged.

11:45. Ear doc says "hummm looks like you blew that tube half way out of your ear canal, its resting on your ear drum, hummmm." YANK, ear tube gone.

11:46. Wes driving with a purpose.

11:55. "Last call" at the northwest airlines ticket booth. If you show up any later than 1 hour before an international flight (which I have, several times) you really need to kiss ass to get your ticket. But this time, luck was on my side.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, now I remember why I hate to fly with you. :) Miss you sweetie!
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Look at www.catyourway.com Good luck!

    ReplyDelete