Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Party Bus

I'm at CTIA right now. LA is full of parties during CTIA - you know it's internet boom days all over again when Tony Hawk is at the tech conference.

At some point last night I was in front of a hotel with the Blue Frog Mobile guys when a party bus (flashing lights, thumping music) pulls up and Brian McGarvey jumps out - KLEITSCH!! I'm instantly in the bus. drinks flowing.

hours later, after riding the electronic bull at the cowboy bar, i realize my laptop is still on the party bus, but the bus is GONE!

I'm forced to take a cab back to the convention center to pick up my car.

When i get to the convention center the gates are locked. it's 1am. i found a security guard and he agreed to let me in. but OH SHIT, my car keys are on the party bus!! And that's when i realized that everything i owned was either in the party bus or locked in my car. No toothbrush. no clothes. nothing.

back in the cab. destination tom's house.

Tom had to drive me back to the convention center this morning (i'm still wearing the same outfit), and lucky for me, the party bus was parked right in front - and my belongings were still there. whew!

changed in the parking lot. back to the conference hall. business as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment