Friday, June 16, 2006

Am I too old for new tricks?

I'm sitting on the couch. injured.

My back continues to hurt no matter how many times i rearrange these f-in couch pillows. I had one of those moments today while windsurfing "Am I too old to learn new tricks?? No way! I'll go for it!"

About two days ago i received my early fathers day present = The Windsurfing Tricktionary. it's the windsurfing trick bible. almost every crazy move ever invented. i studied it for hours on my flights to/from LA this week, and then today, the wind blew! Now was my chance! I must bust a move!

well... it feels like i "busted" something.

Anyway, at this point if you're still reading this (you, i mean jana) then you'll be interested to know that Christi inspired me to do the duck jibe today. So, i'm hurtin, but at least i pulled off a duck jibe on my 7.3. I got that going for me....

2 comments:

  1. Just yesterday a friend was telling me about his experience with acupuncture. He's had back problems for 38 years -- "not a day without pain" -- and he felt fantastic after his first session last week.

    Anyway, maybe worth a try if you haven't already. Too old for new tricks...posh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I find myself looking at used boards on the windance web site all the time. There is a real pretty one that is a 95ish cascade for only $125.oo. There are a few other nice ones on there, but nothing that is haunting me. There are a few others posted on other web sites, (yeah its that bad)that look to be pretty good deals. I need to get on the water......

    ReplyDelete